Happy Monday Everyone! I have always loved the many confetti filled cake you can find on Pinterest. They just look so joyful and happy. I can’t imagine anyone cutting into one of these cakes and not having a smile on their face. I wanted to make a mini version out of a cupcake to share with some friends. I am taking them dinner tonight and they have two of the sweetest little girls. With St. Patrick’s Day coming a cupcake filled with the rainbow made the perfect sense. This recipe, however, is easily adaptable for any holiday or event just switch out your surprise filling.
- Make your favorite vanilla cupcakes. Mine are from a box. For this project nothing more is needed.
- Using a small knife, make a circle in the top of the cupcake and scoop out the middle leaving the cake intact.
- fill the hole with mini M & M’s, sprinkle or any other fun candy (Rainbow Nerds)
- Cut off the bottom of the cake piece that you removed and replace the top.
- Frost with your favorite frosting and decorate any way you like.
Hope you all have an amazing week! Make sure you are following us on Instagram