Cinnamon Apple Donut Muffins
Hey everyone! Ready for the weekend. These Cinnamon Apple Donut Muffins will surely make it a good one. I am so excited to be working with fall flavors. What is better than warm cinnamon apples for September. These little breakfast treats fall somewhere between a donut and a muffin hence a donut muffin or duffin as we call them in The Raulli House. These Donut Muffins are made from boxed pancake batter in just a few simple steps and cook in a mini muffin pan so clean up is easy. These are beyond fantastic warm. If you have any left overs from breakfast, simply pop them into the microwave for about 10 seconds and treat yourself to a yummy dessert.
To Make You Need:
- 2 c. boxed pancake mix (Bisquick or other)
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. chunky applesauce
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 stick melted butter
- Mini Muffin Pan Greased
- Combine dry boxed pancake mix, 1/4c. sugar and 1 t. cinnamon.
- Add applesauce, milk, egg and oil. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin, filling 1/2 – 2/3 full. an ice cream scoop works great for this task
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden on top
- In a bowl mix 3/4 c. sugar with 2 t. cinnamon.
- Dip hot puffs in bowl of melted butter and then in bowl of cinnamon sugar. how much you dip is up to you. My kids like to dunk the whole thing.