Hi Everyone! I am so excited to share our favorite new treat in the Raulli house- Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwiches. These ice cream sandwiches are so simple to make especially if you use store bought cookie dough. Truth be told- I always use Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough. It make life much easier and its so good; why go to all the effort. These Rainbow sandwiches are great anytime but how perfect are they for St. Patricks Day or for and sprinkle or art birthday party? These are definitely worth their weight in gold!
- 1 batch of your favorite sugar cookie dough (store bought is great)
- rainbow sprinkles
- vanilla ice cream
- Divide dough into cookie size 1½ inch balls.
- Roll each ball in rainbow sprinkles.
- Work the sprinkles into the dough and then shape into a ball again. This way sprinkles are through out the cookie.
- Re-roll in sprinkles but do not work in.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and gently press down slightly forming a disk.
- Bake cookies as directed from the original recipe.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and let sit for five minutes.
- Place a huge scoop of ice cream between two cookies and gently press down evenly until ice cream reaches the sides forming a sandwich.
- Eat immediately or freeze.
Need some more St. Patricks Day ideas? Click here. Off to a great week!