Say what? Yes today we are sharing this yummy recipe for Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies. Obviously the surprise ingredient is pretzels. The pretzel pieces add a great salty crush to this sweet chewy cookie. I’m sure if you’ve been on any cooking blogs or read any cooking magazines over the past year, you’ve seen a lot of foods topped with sea salt. This is a variation on that trend. I really like the salt coming from the pretzel because it changes up the texture of the cookie a bit. You can certainly make these with any kind of chocolate chip and with or without the peanut butter chips. Simply make sure you add the full 2 cups of whatever chip you like. Let me know what you think!
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 cups pretzels roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients; mix until just combined. Gently mix in both chips and pretzels.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Gently press balls down a bit. Bake for 15-20 minutes until just browned on edges.
Now this sounds like my kind of cookie! Love the sweet salty thing! Can’t wait to try them.
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood says
Every pregnant girl’s dreams! I need to make these asap!
Yum, sweet and salty in a cookie is all I need. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday. Pinned.